WORKS SAVED FROM A FIRE because they were not in the Studio... The were at a show in a gallery......




Artist Statement

My multilayered abstract paintings are visual experiments where I combine rich allusions culled from popular culture in film, magazines, music, advertising and consumerism. I am interested in a visual language resulting from  mixing and playing creatively with the different styles of twentieth century art handed down to us for example: cubism, conceptual, abstract expressionism, minimalism and pop art, important movements generating new ideas and concepts in art making.

I work in acrylics over canvas, mdf board or paper. I am drawn to the emotional yet I like a sense of rationality and balance in my work. I am interested in the new and unusual which is why I am drawn to a mixed media technique giving me more choices and freedom in the creative process. I chose fragmented  layered images, as a reflection of  our contemporary style of living.






In 2001 an electric fire caused by a power strip arced while I was  sleeping and  causing a fire on the carpet, it spreading vigurously and rapidly beyond my control
I lost 20 years  of great work plus my own collectionat of at  least 50 excellent pieces.
I was not insured.

 Most of the work on canvas and paper can be sent in a tube,for Safe,Economical and  Easy
shipping.




Impulse 
 Mixed Media /Acrylic on paper
58 x 98 cm













   

                                                            Orange and Cinnamon -Honey Moon
                                                                        Acrylic on canvas
                                                                              87 x 120 cm
                                                                       





                                                          Orange and Cinnamon
                                                               Acrylic on paper
                                                                   58 x 98 cm
                                                                 













                                                                     On Target  
                                                               Acrylic on paper 
                                                                   58 x 98 cm 
                                                                    U$  2,700







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“La crítica de arte ha perdido totalmente su función” Benjamin H. D. Buchloh -Germany (1941)

Chaos & An Unpredictable Tomorrow --Peter Saltzstein finds that Chaos Theory yields unexpected philosophical results.

Negatives about CIRCUMCISION -The male prepuce, or foreskin, is a highly mobile and extraordinarily sensitive double fold of tissue that is the end of the penis.